The Green County House was built in 1864 and has held that name through many owners and operators. In November of 1979 Jim ''Bullet'' Doyle opened the doors of the Green County House. It was only fitting to keep the historic name alive. When Jim and his wife Kay first opened they ran the establishment as a bar and had bands play on the weekends. In 1981 bullet decided to introduce food, since he owned the steak shack prior to opening the Green County House.